on this page you will find information on how to manage your personal data through this site (hereinafter "Site").
We provide this information not only to comply with legal obligations regarding the protection of personal data under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter "Regulation"), but also because we believe that the protection of personal data is a fundamental value of our business and we want to provide you with any information that may help you to protect your privacy and to monitor the use that is made of your data in relation to the experience of navigation on our site.
The Site and the services provided therein are offered by Candy Hoover Group S.r.l., which will process your data in accordance with current legislation on the protection of personal data. Below you will find our contacts.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller, i.e. the person who makes the decisions regarding the methods and purposes of the processing, is Candy Hoover Group S.r.l. with registered office in Via Comolli, 16 - 20861 Brugherio (MB) and administrative office in Via Privata Eden Fumagalli 20861 Brugherio (MB), Italy, IR code/company register of Monza and Brianza 04666310158 - VAT number 00786860965 (hereinafter "CHG").
The Data Protection Officer (hereinafter referred to as the "DPO") is responsible for monitoring compliance with the Regulations in relation to the processing of personal data by CHG.
You can contact the DPO at the following e-mail address email@example.com or by post by writing to:
Candy Hoover Group S.r.l.
Via Privata Eden Fumagalli
20861 Brugherio (MB), Italy
For the attention of Data Protection Officer.
WHICH ARE THE PROCESSED DATA
When you use the Site, you benefit from the services offered, ask for assistance and support, CHG processes some personal data about you. Below you will find all information.
Type and source of personal data
When you visit, consult the Site, or fill out online forms for example to request assistance, or when you decide to receive commercial communications, we may process the following personal data (i.e. data relating to identified or identifiable persons):
- data you provide by filling out online forms, or during the assistance provided to you by phone where applicable, for example to request assistance, including identification data (name and surname), contact data (email address, landline and mobile phone number), living address, information about the products purchased (date of purchase, product code and product line, product price, etc..) and the type of assistance you requested (including the information contained in the space dedicated to the detail of the request);
- data we collect while you surf the site (navigation data), such as IP address or URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the required resources, the time of the request, the method used to send the request to the server, the dimensions of the reply file, the numeric code corresponding to the reply sent by the server (OK, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the user's OS and computer processing environment. The transmission of such information is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected for association with identified parties, those concerned, but may by their nature, through processing and association with data held by third parties, permit the identification of users. The data may be used to ascertain responsibility in the event that computer crimes are committed against the web site.
WHY ARE YOUR DATA PROCESSED
The use of your personal data is necessary to enable you to use the Site safely, to receive assistance with the product or services related to the product, register your appliance, to handle any further requests and receive service communications.
It is important for us to know more about how our services are used and our users, so as to offer you and other users services that are increasingly secure and in line with market expectations. To do this, we may also analyse the data in aggregate form and, with your consent, use this information to contact you and suggest products or services of the Candy Group, or our business partners that we think may be of interest to you. Below you will find all information.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to allow you to navigate the Site safely and improve your browsing experience;
- to respond to your request for assistance with the operation, use and maintenance of a household appliance or to answer your questions about our products and services. If we ask you to fill out a form to send us your request, remember that the data entered in the fields marked with an asterisk are required as we would not be able to take charge of the request or process it without you providing us with this information. We may collect and process this data without your consent because it is necessary to provide you with the service you have requested;
- to allow you to register your appliance also to benefit from any additional guarantees, receive updates on your appliance and service communications, allow you to access your information and that of your appliance, request assistance services. If we ask you to fill in a form to send us your request, remember that the data entered in the fields marked with an asterisk are required as we would not be able to take charge of the request or process it without you providing us with this information. We may collect and process this data without your consent because it is necessary to provide you with the service you have requested;
- to receive our newsletter if you subscribe to this service. In this case the processing is necessary to provide you with the service itself;
- to receive commercial and promotional communications, by automated means such as e-mail, SMS, as well as by telephone calls through the operator for products of CHG and possibly other companies of the Candy group, to participate in market research and surveys to determine the degree of customer satisfaction with regard to the products and assistance received, to invite you to initiatives and events organized by CHG. For this purpose, your consent is required, which is therefore the legal basis for the processing. Unless you object by contacting us at the above addresses, we want to be sure to send you only communications that are of interest to you and therefore we will contact you only with offers or communications that are appropriate to your profile, based on your preferences, the products you have registered and the use of our services. Remember that if you do not give your consent or do not release the data necessary for these purposes, you may in any case continue to fully and freely use our services but you will not receive our commercial and promotional communications on our products;
- to receive commercial and promotional communications from our business partners operating in the field of assistance and provision of insurance products (e.g. extensions of warranties payable in instalments, insurance policies), for their marketing activities, also based on your preferences and the products you purchased. For this purpose, your consent is required, which is therefore the legal basis for the processing. Remember that if you do not give your consent or do not release the data necessary for these purposes, you may in any case continue to freely use our services.
HOW ARE YOUR DATA PROCESSED
We will process your data primarily through recording, extraction, analysis and archiving tools protected with systems that offer security guarantees in line with industry standards. We process and store your data only for the time necessary for us to carry out the above activities and we adopt technical-organizational solutions for the cancellation of data once these activities have been completed. Below you will find all information.
We will process your data mainly using computer systems and analysis tools by authorized personnel trained by CHG. We take measures to ensure the application of the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency provided by the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data (including the Regulation), protecting your privacy through technical and organizational security measures that ensure an adequate level of security aimed at preventing loss, misuse and improper use, as well as unauthorized access to your data. We can also use digital communication channels (e-mail, instant messaging systems etc.) and telephone (calls, text messages, etc.) and postal.
Your data will be kept for the period strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected and, for civil purposes, no later than the end of 10 years. Profiling data, if any, will be retained for no longer than 2 years.
If you have subscribed to the newsletter or agreed to receive our commercial communications, you can request cancellation from these services at any time by writing to the addresses listed below. In this case, your data will be kept only to continue to provide you with other services requested by you (e.g. registration of a product for the relevant warranty, requests for assistance, etc.). Similarly, if you have agreed to receive our commercial communications you may at any time object to the profiling and personalization of offers as below specified.
WHO ARE YOUR DATA SHARED WITH
In order to guarantee the functioning of the Website and to offer you the services it contains, CHG uses third-party suppliers. Access to your data by these suppliers is governed by specific contractual agreements that limit the use of such data to the processing only necessary to enable the operation of the Site and the services available on it and according to our instructions. These entities act as data processors (hereinafter "Data Processors") and may be called upon to respond directly if they process the data in a way that does not comply with the instructions received.
In principle, CHG retains data in Italy or the European Union, but some of the data may be handled by suppliers located outside the European Union. In such cases CHG has concluded specific contractual agreements that bind the supplier not only to the above mentioned guarantees but also to the additional guarantees provided for by the Regulation (e.g. adoption of contracts approved by the European Commission in accordance with the Regulation).
Below you will find all information
Communication and disclosure of data
Without prejudice to communications required by law, your data may be communicated to authorized CHG personnel who have been properly informed and trained, or to the personnel of third parties who work on behalf of and on the instructions of CHG as data processors, including companies that provide pre- and post-sales assistance for the household appliance.
In the event of a request for assistance, your data will be processed, as Data Controller, by the companies of the Candy Group in your country that offer this service, which can access information relating to any anomalies or malfunctions reported by the products.
In addition, for specific requirements related to the location of the servers of CHG and/or its suppliers, CHG also uses suppliers - as data processors - located in third countries outside the European Union for the provision of services (including telephone support and hosting services). In such cases, CHG undertakes to ensure an adequate level of protection and safeguard, including through contractual agreements, including the conclusion of standard contractual clauses. For the data recorded in the CRM, the relative supplier has adhered to the Privacy Shield.
In the performance of its normal business activities, your data may be disclosed to professionals, consulting firms or other persons who operate as independent data controllers.
In addition, with your consent, your data may be disclosed to other parties in their capacity as independent data controllers, including CHG's business partners operating in the field of assistance and provision of insurance products (e.g. warranty extensions payable in instalments, insurance policies) for their own marketing or service provision activities.
In case of consent to the processing of data for marketing purposes, your data may also be processed by marketing agencies, or other companies, such as data processors, for purposes relating to the management and delivery of newsletters and business information via e-mail, direct marketing, market research or other promotional activities, such as competitions and prize-awarding events.
Finally, in the event that CHG is involved in corporate transactions, including extraordinary transactions, the data may be disclosed to the persons involved in such transactions and to the professional figures who support CHG or the other persons involved in such transactions, if necessary for the purposes of the relevant assessments.
For more information about those data processors for processing your data on behalf of CHG, you can write to the CHG office for the attention of the DPO or to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHICH RIGHTS DOES THE LAW RECOGNIZE TO YOU AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM
The law gives you the right to control how your data is processed, and to limit, if necessary, the use of your data. You can exercise these rights at any time and free of charge by contacting our company and writing to the addresses indicated at the beginning. CHG will do everything necessary to facilitate the exercise of your rights.
Below you will find all information
Rights of the data subjects
Pursuant to Articles 15-21 of the Regulation you have the right to:
- receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data, access the content and obtain a copy (right of access);
- update, modify and/or correct your personal data (right of correction);
- request the cancellation or limitation of the processing of personal data in the cases provided for by the Regulations, including the case in which the data were processed in violation of the law or if it is not necessary to keep any data in relation to the purposes for which data were collected or otherwise processed (right to cancellation and right to limitation);
- revoke consent, if given, at any time and without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on consent given before revocation (right of withdrawal of consent);
- within the limits of the provisions of the Regulation, to receive a copy of the data provided by you in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device and to request that such data be transmitted to another Data Controller if technically feasible(right to data portability);
- oppose the processing in cases where it is provided for by the Regulation (right of object).
We inform you that requests for deletion of data are subject to the obligations of the law and regulations in force regarding the storage of documents.
To exercise your rights you can at any time send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to
Candy Hoover Group S.r.l.
Via Privata Eden Fumagalli
20861 Brugherio (MB), Italy
For the attention of Data Protection Officer (DPO).
When contacting us, you will need to ensure that you include your name, email address, postal address and/or telephone number(s) to ensure that we can handle your request correctly.
If you believe that your data has not been processed in accordance with the law or there is a dispute about its use, you can complain to the supervisory Authority of the Member State where you reside, work, or where the alleged breach occurred.
Further information - Links
Last update 25/03/2019